AMM Frequently Asked Questions


Become a Wedding Officiant with Our Free Online Ordination!

Can I Officiate Weddings in Other States?

Yes. Your ordination is valid in all US States and Territories, with the exception of Virginia. Your ordination is not specific to your state of residency and you can officiate weddings in states where you do not reside.

If you do plan on performing marriage in a state other than your own, make sure to complete any Minister Registration Requirements. Most states do not have any laws requiring you to register before officiating weddings. Below is a list of States where minister registration is required.

If you do plan on officiating a wedding in any of these states, we strongly recommend that you order your Minister Ordination Package for that state. Your package will contain everything you need to successfully register, including Government Applications, Ordination Certificate, and Letter of Good Standing.

Officiant Registration is Required in These States

  1. Arkansas
  2. District of Columbia
  3. Hawaii
  4. Louisiana
  5. Massachusetts
  6. Minnesota
  7. Nevada
  8. New Hampshire
  9. New York
  10. Ohio
  11. Oklahoma
  12. Puerto Rico
  13. Vermont
  14. Virginia
  15. West Virginia

Minister Ordination Package

Everything you need to officiate your first wedding.

Weddings By State

Learn About Officiant Registration Requirements All Across The USA.

Will You Marry Us?

The wedding gift package revolutionizing how you choose your officiant!

Wedding Officiant Training

Learn How To Officiate Weddings.

Signature Wedding Officiant Package

Everything you need to Officiate Weddings like pro!


Become a Wedding Officiant with Our Free Online Ordination!