AMM Frequently Asked Questions

Can I perform weddings in North Carolina as an American Marriage Ministries Minister?

It has come to our attention that there is some misleading information regarding your ordination and ability to perform marriage in the state of North Carolina. Despite this, our ministers have successfully performed thousands of weddings in the state, and are legally allowed to officiate weddings in accordance with North Carolina's marriage laws. 


We work closely with county clerks and lawyers all over the country to ensure that our Ministers are always up-to-date and informed of state policies. Rest assured that nothing has changed, and that as an AMM Minister, you still have the authority to perform marriage in the state of North Carolina.


The state of North Carolina does not require that Ministers register with the local government to perform marriages. After becoming ordained with AMM, your only obligation is to perform the ceremony, and fill out the marriage license.


American Marriage Ministries is a non-profit interfaith church, recognized by the Federal Government as a 501.c.3 charitable organization.


Feel free to review our church's legal filings at any time:


We hope this provided some clarification for you, and given you a bit of reassurance. Please let us know if we can answer any other questions.


Become a Wedding Officiant with Our Free Online Ordination!