AMM Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to register with the government before performing a marriage?

That depends on which state you plan to officiate the wedding. The laws regarding minister registration vary from state to state. Most states do not require ministers to register before performing marriage. A comprehensive list is provided on our Minister Registration Requirements page.

Below is a list of state where Wedding Officiant Registration is Required.

These States Require Registration Before Officiating Weddings



If you do plan on officiating a wedding in any of these states, we strongly recommend that you order your Minister Ordination Package for that state. Your package will contain everything you need to successfully register, including Government Applications, Ordination Certificate, and Letter of Good Standing.




Become a Wedding Officiant with Our Free Online Ordination!