Vermont Statutes Annotated 5144a

Temporary officiant for marriages

18 V.S.A. § 5144a Temporary officiant for marriages ::: (a) By registering with the secretary of state, an individual may temporarily be authorized to solemnize a marriage in this state. When registering, the individual shall provide: (1) A completed registration form provided by the secretary of state. (2) A $ 100.00 fee. (b) Upon registration as a temporary officiant, the individual shall be authorized to solemnize only the civil marriage designated on the registration form, and shall receive proof of that authority from the secretary of state. The individual's authority to solemnize that civil marriage shall expire at the same time as the corresponding license.

HISTORY: Added 2007, No. 148 (Adj. Sess.), § 2.

Back to Vermont Marriage Laws

More Vermont Marriage Laws

Marriage Laws by State

Professional Wedding Officiant Certification Course

Learn from the Pros to Officiate with Confidence!

Will You Marry Us? Gift Package

Who Will Officiate Your Wedding?

Choose Your Officiant with our "Will You Marry Us?" Gift Package.

Signature Wedding Officiant Package

Signature Wedding Officiant Package

Our premiere package contains everyting you need to officiate like a pro.

The Book of Wedding Vows and Ceremonies

The Book of Wedding Vows and Ceremonies

It's finally here! Timeless scripts and heartfelt vow inspiration to bring life to your ceremony.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

Checkout the AMM Blog

Stay up-to-date with the latest wedding industry trends.

Read our sample wedding ceremony scripts online

Sample Wedding Ceremony Scripts

Need inspiration? Check out our free ceremony scripts!

Wedding Officiant Training

Wedding Officiant Training

Everything you need to know to officiate.



Become a Wedding Officiant with Our Free Online Ordination!