New Hampshire Revised Statutes - Title 63 457:34

Penalty for Solemnization Without Valid Certificate.

If a minister or justice of the peace shall join any persons in marriage without having first received a certificate of the town clerk, or shall join any persons in marriage with a certificate which he knows to be invalid, he shall forfeit for each offense $60.

RS 147:12. CS 156:9. 1854, 1518:5. GS 161:8. GL 180:8. PS 174:10. PL 286:31. 1939, 52:2. RL 338:34.

Back to New Hampshire Marriage Laws

More New Hampshire Marriage Laws

Marriage Laws by State

Professional Wedding Officiant Certification Course

Learn from the Pros to Officiate with Confidence!

Will You Marry Us? Gift Package

Who Will Officiate Your Wedding?

Choose Your Officiant with our "Will You Marry Us?" Gift Package.

Signature Wedding Officiant Package

Signature Wedding Officiant Package

Our premiere package contains everyting you need to officiate like a pro.

The Book of Wedding Vows and Ceremonies

The Book of Wedding Vows and Ceremonies

It's finally here! Timeless scripts and heartfelt vow inspiration to bring life to your ceremony.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

Checkout the AMM Blog

Stay up-to-date with the latest wedding industry trends.

Read our sample wedding ceremony scripts online

Sample Wedding Ceremony Scripts

Need inspiration? Check out our free ceremony scripts!

Wedding Officiant Training

Wedding Officiant Training

Everything you need to know to officiate.



Become a Wedding Officiant with Our Free Online Ordination!