AMM Frequently Asked Questions


What is My Title Once I Get Ordained Online?

Once you are ordained with AMM, your title is "Minister". This question often comes up when completing the marriage license for the couple. If asked for your religious title, write down "Minister".

Different religious institutions have different titles for their religious officials from Minister, to Reverend, to Imam, and so forth. Our ministers come from all walks of life and many are active and may have authoratative status in their own religious communities. However, if you are performing marriage under the banner of American Marriage Ministries, your title for serving that function is "Minister".

We should say that our definition of the term minister is slightly different than that of a conventional christian church. The main duty of our ministers is to officiate weddings and complete marriage licenses. In other words our ministers administer the duties of performing marriage and completing the required paperwork.