Who Can Officiate Weddings in Nevada?
Nevada Marriage Laws specify who can legally perform marriage in the State. The legal term for the act of conducting a wedding ceremony is called "Solemnization of Marriage". The people with the authority to perform this act are religious and government officials. For most Americans, getting ordained is the easiest way to gain the legal right to solemnize weddings.
According to the Nevada Revised Statutes § NRS 122.062
1. Any licensed, ordained or appointed minister or other person authorized to solemnize a marriage in good standing within his or her church or religious organization, or either of them, incorporated, organized or established in this State, may join together as husband and wife persons who present a marriage license obtained from any county clerk of the State, if the minister or other person authorized to solemnize a marriage first obtains a certificate of permission to perform marriages as provided in NRS 122.062 to 122.073, inclusive. The fact that a minister or other person authorized to solemnize a marriage is retired does not disqualify him or her from obtaining a certificate of permission to perform marriages if, before retirement, the minister or other person authorized to solemnize a marriage had active charge of a church or religious organization for a period of at least 3 years.
- This is an Excerpt -"Read The Full Statute On Our Nevada Marriage Laws -
AMM Ordination Guarantee
As an online ordained minister of American Marriage Ministries, you will be joining a network of over 839,123 ministers that have officiated hundreds-of-thousands of weddings all across the country. As an AMM minister, you are legally empowered under the protections of the Nevada Revised Statutes § NRS 122.062
to officiate wedding ceremonies.
We understand that officiating a wedding is a huge honor and a serious responsibility. Our job is to guide you through this process from both the legal and ceremonial dimensions. Our mission is to empower you not just to perform marriage, but to do so with confidence and skill. You will be the latest in over 6,859 AMM ministers in Nevada!
10 YEARS ORDAINING AND COUNTING
American Marriage Ministries has been ordaining people just like you for over a decade. Our officiant training resources are the best, both online and in print. We make ordination easy so that you can focus on conducting an awesome wedding ceremony. And that's not just us saying it.
AMM is an inclusive institution. We welcome people of all backgrounds. It is not important to us if you are black or white, religious or non-religious, rich or poor, gay or straight.
What is important is that you have a sincere desire to officiate weddings for people you care about. We support your right to officiate weddings that reflect your values, the couple's, and your community's.
Nevada Marriage Officiant License
As an online ordained minister you are one step closer to performing marriage in Nevada. In addition to our free online ordination, we provide all the officiant training materials you need to officiate weddings with confidence. Whether you will be officiating weddings in Las Vegas, Henderson, Reno, or even Caliente
, AMM has everything you need to create an amazing ceremony.
NEVADA OFFICIANT GOVERNMENT REGISTRATION
Your next step is to observe any officiant registration required by the Nevada Government. Click on the button below to learn more.
How To Become a Wedding Officiant in Nevada
If the process of planning, scripting, and performing a wedding is daunting, then you need our Wedding Helper suite of tools.
We have distilled years of experience into an easy-to-use platform with training materials, quizzes, a personalized ceremony script generator, and tips to prepare you for performing marriage, all accessible through your minister profile.
That's only the beginning. After the wedding, you can share your wedding on the AMM Wedding Wall with our nationwide network of ministers.
About American Marriage Ministries
American Marriage Ministries was founded on July 4th of 2009 in Washington State. In that time we have ordained over 839,123 ministers all across the United States. To join our nationwide community of AMM ministers, you simply need to agree to our three simple tenets:
- All people, regardless of race, gender, or sexual orientation, have the right to marry.
- It is the right of every couple to choose who will solemnize their marriage.
- All people have the right to solemnize marriage.
How you officiate weddings is up to you, the couple, and the members of your community. You will be one of over 6,859 AMM ministers in Nevada who have realized their right to perform marriage.
You can also help by ordering your official ministry credentials from our store. Part of the proceeds goes to our charitable activities, which supports other non-profit charities such as Jobs with Justice and Kaboom.
When you purchase a package from us, you get your official ordination certificate and you get to help support a positive cause!
To learn more about American Marriage Ministries, check out our About Us page. If you have further questions, feel free to visit our FAQ or simply contact us.