Hawaii Revised Statutes 572-2

Consent of parent or guardian.

Whenever any person who is under the age of eighteen is to be married, the written consent of his or her parents, or guardian or other person in whose care and custody he or she may be, shall accompany the application for a license to marry. No license shall be issued to any minor who is under the jurisdiction of the family court without the written consent of a judge of such court.

[CC 1859, §1291; RL 1925, §2944; am L 1929, c 104, §1; RL 1935, §4631; RL 1945, §12352; am L 1947, c 43, §1; RL 1955, §323-2; am L 1965, c 232, §1; HRS §572-2; am L 1969, c 45, §1; am L 1972, c 2, pt of §34 and c 192, pt of §1]

Back to Hawaii Marriage Laws

More Hawaii Marriage Laws

Marriage Laws by State

Professional Wedding Officiant Certification Course

Learn from the Pros to Officiate with Confidence!

Who Will Officiate Your Wedding?

Choose Your Officiant with our "Will You Marry Us?" Gift Package.

Signature Wedding Officiant Package

Our premiere package contains everyting you need to officiate like a pro.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

Checkout the AMM Blog

Stay up-to-date with the latest wedding industry trends.

Sample Wedding Ceremony Scripts

Need inspiration? Check out our free ceremony scripts!

Wedding Officiant Training

Wedding Officiant Training

Everything you need to know to officiate.



Become a Wedding Officiant with Our Free Online Ordination!