◀ Back to FAQ

Will Getting Ordained as a Minister Affect My Taxes?

No. Your tax status will not change or be affected in any way because you are an ordained minister with American Marriage Ministries. Any income you receive from officiating wedding ceremonies is income that you are required to declare.

American Marriage Ministries is an IRS Certified 501c3 Charity and you can make tax-deductible donations that you can deduct from your taxable income when filing your taxes. The IRS provides guidelines on making such contributions.

However if you are officiating wedding ceremonies for a fee, that income is not tax-exempt.

◀ Back to FAQ