Religious Denomination on Marriage License

How To Fill Out a Marriage License


Religious Denomination on Marriage License

If the marriage license asks for your Denomination, write "Non-Denominational", unless the marriage was celebrated in accordance with a specific denominational rite, which you should specify.

By performing marriage as an AMM minister, you are acting as a representative of American Marriage Ministries, a non-denominational and interfaith church. For this reason "Non-Denominational" is usually the most appropriate response.

If your ceremony was celebrated with the tradition of a specific denomination, you should specify this (eg. Baptist). Additionally, there are a few counties that will not allow ministers to specify "Non-Denominational", if you are informed of this by your local county clerk, write "American Marriage Ministries".

◀︎ How To Fill Out a Marriage License

Take The
Wedding Ceremony Quiz

Take Quiz

Wedding Officiant Package

Everything you need to Officiate Weddings like pro!

Learn More

Minister Ordination

Our most popular package contains everything you need to officiate your first wedding.

Order Now

Wedding Wall

View weddings performed by our ministers!

See Weddings

Check Out The
AMM Blog

Learn About the latest wedding trends and developments in the wedding industry.

Learn More