The recession marks the end of the wedding ceremony. This is where everybody leaves, or "recedes" from the room.
- The officiant should be the last person to leave, unless otherwise specified.
- The officiant may be charged with instructing people on how to exit the ceremony. For instance, they may assign priority to the elderly, etc.
- Work with the couple and wedding planners to clearly establish how to recession is to transpire.
- The order of people leaving is usually the reverse of the procession.
- The married couple leaves first, followed by the wedding party (bridesmaids and groomsmen), followed by the rest of the wedding reception.
Now that we have gone over the 7 essential parts of a wedding ceremony, let's take a look at a Wedding Ceremony Template that follows this structure.