McLennan County, Texas

Marriage License and Minister Licensing Information

Where to file for a marriage license and minister licensing requirements in McLennan County, Texas.

For the Couple

The following information is for couples who want to file for their marriage license in McLennan County, Texas

Marriage License Info

Cost: $60-72

Waiting Period: 3 days before completing

Expiration: 90 Days

Return: 10 Days from Wedding

Marriage License Issuing Office

McLennan County Clerk
215 N. 5th St., Room 223-A
Waco, TX 76701

Phone: (254) 757-5078
Official Website - Google Maps - Goverment Office Information

For the Minister

The following information is for AMM ministers who want to know what the minister licensing requirements are in McLennan County, Texas

Minister Licensing Summary

Minister Licensing Requirements: No Minister Registration Required

Minimum Minimum Age: 18 Years

Minister's Residency: Irrelevant

Same Sex Marriage Recognized: No

Minister Licensing Office

Minister registration is not required, however if you have questions or concerns, you can contact the County office responsible for issuing the marriage license to the couple.

Minister Licensing Steps

In Texas no laws exist requiring ministers to register with any government office in order to perform marriage though all wedding officiants must be at least 18 years of age. Same-sex marriages are not recognized in Texas.

The only step you need to take to have the legal authority to perform marriage is to become an AMM minister. Our ordination is free and does not expire. You do not need prior ministerial experience and we welcome people of all beliefs and backgrounds.

If you would like to confirm for yourself that you do not need to register with the Texas State Government, you can contact the McLennan County Clerk in the locality where the marriage is taking place:

McLennan County Clerk
215 N. 5th St., Room 223-A
Waco, TX 76701

Phone: (254) 757-5078
Official Website - Google Maps - Goverment Office Information

Please be aware that government workers are prohibited from giving anything that may be construed as legal advice. As such they may provide indirect answers if asked pointed questions. Regarding the legality of performing marriage, the most important question to ask is "I am an AMM minister. Will you dutifully record the completed marriage license if I officiate the wedding and the marriage license has been properly completed and returned within the timeframe specified by the State?".

Though not required, we encourage you to order your Texas Minister Licensing Package. The minister licensing package includes your Ordination Certificate and Letter of Good Standing and is good to keep for your own records.

Standard shipping for all orders is 3-10 business days, depending on where in the country your package is being shipped. We also offer expedited shipping methods in case you are on a tighter timeline.